I stopped blogging, largely because I felt I’d run out of interesting content. At some point I decided it was only appropriate to blog about stuff I DO and not the person I am, or my family, my kids, our life, etc.
Sometime after that I decided that the “stuff I/we do” was not all that interested.
These combined factors resulted in absolutely no blogging.
Recently a friend was talking to me about her dismay in finding that a lot of bloggers that she respects are actually just *people*. Hah! as if there should be some blogging guild in which you need credentials in order for you to have your own blog. .. and while I would agree that in some cases that’d be lovely.. I sure am glad that’s not the case.
I’m glad to read things from imperfect people. I know there are mom’s out there, blogging during nap time.. perfectly setting up a few lovely pictures that are cropped “just so” to avoid capturing the breakfast dishes still on the table… sadly, we are often sure that they are SUPER Moms! Better than all of us! It brings out silly feelings of ineptitude (for me at least). It helps me to imagine that ALL of these mom’s have a dirty floor with dried mac and cheese on it.. or dont wash their own laundry, or eat fast food on a weekly basis. So if you ARE perfect, please dont tell me.. this perceived imperfection is what makes you tolerable to me.
So, in the interest in being really honest (I usually am overly honest and a big over-sharer anyway)
1. I smile when the cat gets up on the table and drinks the milk out of the cereal bowl. We dont have dogs, and the cat doesn’t really do the same vacuum cleaner type job.. so I celebrate the things he DOES eat. Mostly yogurt and milk from bowls in the am. Besides it’s adorable to see him standing on a chair with his front legs resting daintily on the table, delicately lapping dairy from a little plastic bowl.
2. until the cat learns to eat dried noodles, we get a roomba/scrubba/other-cleaning-robot our floor will probably always be .. a little gross. Maybe when the kids are old enough to do chores it’ll improve.. or when I hire that maid I’ve been dreaming about…
3. In winter I turn into a depressive slug. I watch tv. I eat badly. My face breaks into a rash because of lack of sunlight! I suffer allergies from dust because I never clean my house!
Okay, with that out of the way maybe I’ll post some things that will make me appear SUPER!
1. I learned to knit this fall. It has been fun and frustrating at the same time. I like it.. a lot.. it’s addictive and it makes really attractive fabric compared to crochet.. and yet.. I have no attention span.. which is why i have not finished any adult sized hats or scarves but all the baby dolls in the house have new hats and some have booties.
I sewed this, with no pattern, for no REASON! I found out my daughter’s class was celebrating Chinese New Year so I randomly made her a dress to wear.. because I’m .. crazy.
3. I started a ginger-beer/ale scoby today. I’m very excited to see how it turns out.
4. I’ve kept a sourdough starter alive pretty well all fall/winter so far. Tomorrow I may even try making that sprouted grain bread I’ve been meaning to make..
5. I am registered for two races this year. One is a 10k in March, and the other is a Half Marathon in June? I believe. I was really really excited about both, until I sustained some sort of silly foot/leg injury that’s been plaguing me for a few weeks, but I WILL complete them.. I may walk them, but I WILL complete them. That’ll be all the winning I need.
There, now don’t I feel better?